Monday, January 4, 2010

Something New For Me: Custom Made Lap & Crib Quilts



When I was first asked if I could make this I was not so sure. My projects are normally on a smaller scale like pillows, sachets, desk mats, place mats and other things like that.

I set to work on this and it turned out so much better than I had expected. It is beautifully and uniquely Shabby Cottage Chic one of a kind, never to be reacreated!!!

I used a different embellishment such as ribbon, Venise lace, antique crocheted lace, French alencon lace, satin & organza trim, foral appliques and more on each and every square on this quilt.

I have had 2 more special orders for these since making the first one, and would love to make one for you using any of the fabric blocks I have listed on ebay.


Please contact me at jraeburk@gmail.com or leave me a blog comment to get more information and pricing for one of these unique one of a kind lap or crib sized quilts.


I used only the finest materials I could find. Vintage chenilles, laces, and more to make this beautiful quilt.


The back which is not pictured here is one solid piece of high quality vintage pink chenille with a floral basket design on it.

It turned out so much better than I ever could have envisioned when I started it.

1 comment: